Friday, July 5, 2013

Friday Musings #3

First of all,I hope all of my US readers had a safe & happy 4th of July.For the first time in 27 years I had no plans.

Let's move on to today's topic or musing if you will.

Now the story I am about to tell you has been retold to me by my grandmother who has always been a presence in my life. I spent a lot of time going to doctors & hospitals when I was little because I have some very serious and potentially life threatening health issues.My grandmother tells me that one afternoon we were on our way home from a doctor's visit in San Francisco and all of a sudden,out of no where I started reading those little green billboard direction signs that hang over the freeway.It wasn't a memorization thing,I was full on reading them.

I was 3 & 1/2 years old.

So I guess you could say that I was a very early reader. From that day on I read anything and everything I could get my hands on,Newspapers,magazines,TV Guide and everything else.Obviously as a little girl growing up in the 90's my favorites were:The Boxcar Children,The Babysitters Club, Nancy Drew and those were just the books that were bought for me. That doesn't even include the books I brought home from the library.

So when did you begin to read and what were your childhood favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I will do my best to reply to every comment that is left. This blog is an award free blog. I appreciate the thought, but I do not have the time to follow up.