Friday, August 30, 2013

Top Ten Secondary Characters

Thank you to some blogger buddies of mine who gave me this idea.Jamie, Christina and Gillian, you guys rock. Like I said in my comments to the other posts that covered the same topic,my list will be essentially made up of 2 fandoms (yes I said the word fandom) It will also include a random as well,but as he was on many people's lists,he's not that random.

1. Severus Snape- Harry Potter
To this day, Severus Snape remains my absolute favorite character in any book. He was far more complicated than anyone would give him credit for. He carried with him burdens that no one would have ever guessed that he possessed.

2. Remus Lupin- Harry Potter
Remus Lupin remains really the only werewolf character that I have ever liked (yup not a big Jacob Black fan) He was another tortured soul. He dealt with job insecurity, being very poor and not having anyone to love him. He lost many of his friends in the first war against Voldemort. He also remains the best Defense Against the Dark Arts professor that Harry ever had (though Snape came close)

3. Sirius Black- Harry Potter
The one thing Harry really wanted and needed was a parental figure. The Dursleys were certainly not filling that role. However Sirius did. He was Harry's godfather and he was just as reckless as he had been in school. Yet he did his absolute best to protect Harry while he could.

4. Nymphadora Tonks- Harry Potter
One of my all time favorite female characters. She was everything that female characters should be. Strong, confident and kind. I wish we had seen more of her but I think the end of the sixth book is really my favorite part. That's when the reason for her strange behavior came to light.

5. Luna Lovegood-Harry Potter
Quirky,smart and loyal. Three words that come to my mind instantly when someone talks about Luna. Yes she was a little strange but she was also a loyal friend and she was unfailingly kind to everyone.

6. Finnick Odair- Catching Fire & Mockingjay (books 2&3 of The Hunger Games series)
There are not enough words to describe how much I love Finnick. He is the main reason that I loved the 2nd installment of The Hunger Games so very much. He ended up being so much more complicated than we ever guessed.

7. Cinna- The Hunger Games & Catching Fire (books 1&2 of The Hunger Games series)
Cinna was one of my favorite characters in the first Hunger Games book. Actually he was my favorite secondary character. He cared about Katniss and although he was essentially a employer of President Snow,his loyalty was clearly with Katniss and all she did to overthrow President Snow.

8. Johanna Mason- Catching Fire & Mockingjay (books 2&3 of The Hunger Games series)
Loved her to death. She was a total badass and honestly I grew to like her more than I did Katniss. Other than Finnick, she was my favorite of the existing previous victors.

9. Annie Cresta- Catching Fire & Mockingjay (books 2&3 of The Hunger Games series)
Oh Annie.She wasn't really a secondary character but I put her in here anyway. I loved her even though The Games had done a number on her mind. I loved the love story between her and Finnick and how Finnick worked so hard to protect her. She clearly loved Finnick despite how crazy the Games had made her.

10. Kenji- Shatter Me & Unravel Me (books 1&2 of Shatter Me series) 
The one character in here that ISN'T a part of the two fandoms that I fangirl over. Loved Kenji. He totally said everything to Juliette that I was begging someone to. He seemed to have perfect timing for everything. He managed to balance the art of being kind to Juliette while not sugarcoating things for her. If he needed to say something,he would.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I will do my best to reply to every comment that is left. This blog is an award free blog. I appreciate the thought, but I do not have the time to follow up.