Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday #4 Summer On The Short Bus by Bethany Crandell

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. It's a way to showcase upcoming books that we are excited about.


Spoiled, Versace-clad Cricket Montgomery has seventeen years of pampering under her belt. So when her father decides to ship her off to a summer camp for disabled teens to help her learn some accountability, Cricket resigns herself to three weeks of handicapped hell. 

Her sentence takes a bearable turn as she discovers the humor and likeability of the campers and grows close to fellow counselors. Now, if she can just convince a certain Zac Efron look-alike with amazing blue eyes that she finally realizes there's life after Gucci, this summer could turn out to be the best she's ever had.

Summer on the Short Bus is a very non-P.C., contemporary YA with a lot of attitude, tons of laughs, and a little life lesson along the way.

Book Information
Book Title: Summer on the Short Bus
Author: Bethany Crandell
Release Date: April 1st, 2014
Publisher: Running Press Kids
Genre: YA/Contemporary
Standalone
Book Link: Goodreads
Pre-Order Links: AmazonBook Depository

My Reaction
How am I just now hearing about this book? It looks amazing and totally up my alley. In an upcoming review for Say What You Will by Cammie McGovern, I make a point to mention how underrepresented the teens with disabilities are in YA books.  In Summer on the Short Bus, we take a spoiled teenager and send her off to work at a camp for disabled teens. So YAY, more teenagers with disabilities are coming up in YA. That makes me super happy. I am so excited to read this book and I really wish it was out already.

So what upcoming book are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I will do my best to reply to every comment that is left. This blog is an award free blog. I appreciate the thought, but I do not have the time to follow up.