Sunday, September 8, 2013

Stacking the Shelves #10


Hello again everyone! First of all, happy first week of September. We are now entering my favorite time of the year. Fall is my favorite season followed by Winter. I don't do the heat very well so I am thrilled to be leaving it behind me.

Well, let's get to it then. This weekly meme is brought to you by Tynga's Reviews. Don't forget to stop by there and link up your book haul posts. Remember they can be e-books,physical books,books you got as gifts or that you won. Of course they also include books that you bought or received for review.

This week was an unusual week for me. I mega splurged and bought 7 hard copy books. All books I had been dying to read for months but was unable to afford due to grown up things. Like bills. I placed the order on August 24th and received on September 3rd. I have already gobbled up 3 of the seven books and they have all been amazing. Reviews will be posted this coming week.

I also received 2 Netgalley books. One of which I have already finished. The review is scheduled for next month as the release date is not until November. I received a hard copy of a book for review as well. I am really looking forward to reading it as I am not familiar with the Jewish culture & religion. Normally I stay away from religious books but I am trying to expand my horizons just a little bit.

I did end up winning a book (actually I must have won it awhile ago) from Epic Reads. I am SO excited that I won this book and I cannot wait to dive into it.

So here are my bookish goodies that I received. As always please let me know if you've read these and what you though of them.

Bought
Gated by Amy Christine Parker

The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay

The Program by Suzanne Young

My Life After Now by Jessica Verdi

Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo

Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn

If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch

Received for Review


Sia by Josh Grayson (e-galley from Netgalley)

Bending the Iron by Libby Drew (e-galley from Netgalley)

Brooklyn Love by Yael Levy (hard copy from the author)

Gifted
-

16 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy What's Left of Me! Enjoy all your books! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    Sugar & Snark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by!

      I am really hoping to start What's Left of Me SOON!

      Delete
  2. I really liked Another Little Piece of Me. Gated looks awesome. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading Gated right now and it's AWESOME! I'm hoping to get to Another Little Piece sometime this week.

      Delete
  3. Wow lots of great books for you this week! I hope you enjoy them! I am a new follower via GFC :)
    Brittany @Spare Time Book blog
    My STS: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2013/09/stacking-shelves-10.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited about these books!

      Thanks for the follow :)

      Delete
  4. I have The Sea of Tranquility on my Kindle but I haven't gotten to it yet. I hope it's as good as I've heard. I also can't wait to get a copy of The Program. Enjoy your new titles.

    Thanks for visiting my post <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Program was AMAZING! Loved it so much and I cried so freaking much. Yes it was quite emotional.

    Hoping I can get to The Sea of Tranquility SOON!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh The Program!!! I really hope you love that one. :)

    Thanks for stopping by the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved The Program.It was amazing and SO heartbreaking. I cried a LOT when I read that one. Review is scheduled to be posted Wednesday :)

      Thanks for stopping by Molli :)

      Delete
  7. Gated and the Program are two books I still need to look into reading. Enjoy! Thanks for stopping by my STS last weekend. Sorry it took so long to respond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about it :)

      Gated & The Program were both fantastic reads.

      Delete
  8. I heard a lot of good things for Gated. It's about a cult isn't it? And Siege and Storm, I just bought that a week or 2 weeks ago. A lot of people is raving about it. I hope that I will also get hooked.

    Happy reading and see you tomorrow for another STS!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gated was AMAZEBALLS! Yes it's about a cult. I'm hoping to get to Siege & Storm SOON! I really hope it's as good as Shadow & Bone.

      Delete
  9. Wow, you got some awesome books this past week! I'm dying to read THE PROGRAM and ANOTHER LITTLE PIECE. I keep forgetting to pick them up when I go to the bookstore. Hope you like them! Enjoy all your other new books :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post last week!

    Christine @ The Bookish Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Program was AWESOME! In a really,really heartbreaking way.

      I haven't gotten the chance to read Another Little Piece yet. Hopefully soon.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment! I will do my best to reply to every comment that is left. This blog is an award free blog. I appreciate the thought, but I do not have the time to follow up.