Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi


Author: Tahereh Mafi
Publish date: February 5th,2013
Available at Amazon.com in hard cover & Kindle versions. Barnes & Noble in hard cover and Nook versions


Synopsis: Unravel Me is the 2nd book of a series that started with Shatter Me. Juliette is now at Omega Point and away from the Reestablishment who is trying to use her as a weapon. Omega Point is for others like her. Others who have special abilities just like her.She's free to be with Adam. However Warner is not who he seems and Juliette begins to wonder just who is Warner. Juliette must now make a choice and that choice can either save Adam's life or break her heart.

Review: I wasn't really sure what to expect with the second book. Second books are notoriously weaker than the first so I was apprehensive about it.I had adored Shatter Me so much that the thought of Unravel Me being subpar just broke my heart. But I didn't need to worry. Unravel Me not only matched up to Shatter Me, it EXCEEDED Shatter Me by a landslide. Very rarely are 2nd books better than the first one but this one was.

I kind of fell in love with Kenji in this one. He tried so hard not to get into anyone's business but he found himself worming his way into my heart. I really wish we had seen more of James. I think James is adorable and I just want to hug him every single time he's mentioned in the book. From what little we saw of the other secondary characters such as Winston,Brendan and the girls I loved them and they were all likable.

Of course I'm gonna have to talk about the three main ones. I never thought I'd say this but Adam was aggravating nearly the entire book.His strength that I admired SO much in Shatter Me,had completely disappeared in Unravel Me. Juliette was awesome. She was stronger and friendlier and happier. I could see the natural progression of her personality changes and it wasn't unexpected or weird. I loved that she had become less independent. I loved that she interacted with others and especially that she came to view Kenji as a friend.I loved watching her try to figure Warner out.

Oh Warner, Warner. He was easily my favorite male character in this book. He is definitely flawed but this time we got a whole new insight into who he really is. Maybe he's not the creep that scared the hell out of me in Shatter Me. In this book we learn that Warner and Adam share a connection that I sure as hell never saw coming.

This book gets a five star rating from me. It was perfection.Actually better than perfection and I cannot wait to see what happens next.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I will do my best to reply to every comment that is left. This blog is an award free blog. I appreciate the thought, but I do not have the time to follow up.