Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #10

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. It is a way to showcase upcoming releases that we're excited about.

My Pick

Synopsis from Goodreads
A surprising, utterly romantic companion to My Life Next Door—great for fans of Sarah Dessen and Jenny Han 

Tim Mason was The Boy Most Likely To find the liquor cabinet blindfolded, need a liver transplant, and drive his car into a house

Alice Garrett was The Girl Most Likely To . . . well, not date her little brother’s baggage-burdened best friend, for starters.

For Tim, it wouldn’t be smart to fall for Alice. For Alice, nothing could be scarier than falling for Tim. But Tim has never been known for making the smart choice, and Alice is starting to wonder if the “smart” choice is always the right one. When these two crash into each other, they crash hard.

Then the unexpected consequences of Tim’s wild days come back to shock him. He finds himself in a situation that isn’t all it appears to be, that he never could have predicted . . . but maybe should have.

And Alice is caught in the middle.

Told in Tim’s and Alice’s distinctive, disarming, entirely compelling voices, this novel is for readers of The Spectacular NowNick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist, and Paper Towns.

My Reaction
My Life Next Door was one of my favorite books that I read in 2014 and when I heard that Tim and Alice were going to get their own story, I was stoked. Beyond stoked actually. It needs to be August now. I don't know how I am going to wait another 3 months until it's in my hands. I may need to reread My Life Next Door in preparation for Tim and Alice's story. The cover is perfect. I love it, and it seems perfect for this book. My guess is that a lot of it will be fluffy with a bit of drama thrown in. I've been distancing myself from the fluffy contemporaries lately, so this should be interesting

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED My Life Next Door and I completely forgot about this book! I'm totally excited too, can't wait to see how their story develops and also check in with Samantha and Jase! Thanks for choosing this for your Waiting on Wednesday or I never would have remembered! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *cries* I didn't know this was switched to August! But okay, I can still make it. I've waited long enough. Can't wait tor read Tim's story!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I will do my best to reply to every comment that is left. This blog is an award free blog. I appreciate the thought, but I do not have the time to follow up.