Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #8

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine. It's a way to showcase upcoming releases that we're excited about.

My pick
Book Link: Goodreads

Synopsis from Goodreads
This innovative, heartfelt debut novel tells the story of a girl who’s literally allergic to the outside world. When a new family moves in next door, she begins a complicated romance that challenges everything she’s ever known. The narrative unfolds via vignettes, diary entries, texts, charts, lists, illustrations, and more.

My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.

But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He’s tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.

Maybe we can’t predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It’s almost certainly going to be a disaster.
 

My Reaction
If the synopsis of a book mentions a disease, I already know I have to have it. Bonus points if it's considered a rare disease. YA books that feature a character with a disease are some of my favorite things in the book world. Oh my goodness, I cannot wait for this book. It sounds exactly like a me book. I am massively excited for this book and I cannot wait to get my hands on it.

So what books are you most excited for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I will do my best to reply to every comment that is left. This blog is an award free blog. I appreciate the thought, but I do not have the time to follow up.