Monday, November 3, 2014

Review: Famous in Love (Famous in Love #1) by Rebecca Serle

Book Title: Famous in Love
Author: Rebecca Serle
Published Date: October 21st, 2014
Publisher: Poppy
Genre: YA Contemporary Romance
Series: Book One in Famous in Love trilogy
Book Link: Goodreads
Purchase Link: Amazon

Synopsis from Goodreads:
The romantic story of a girl who gets plucked from obscurity to star in the next major feature film franchise based on a book and the ensuing love triangles she gets entangled in on—-and off screen. 

Meet Paige Townsen, Rainer Devon, and Jordan Wilder…

When Paige Townsen, a young unknown, gets cast in the movie adaptation of a blockbuster book series, her life changes practically overnight. Within a month, Paige has traded the quiet streets of her hometown for a crowded movie set on the shores of Maui, and is spending quality time with her co-star Rainer Devon, one of People’s Sexiest Men Alive. But when troubled star Jordan Wilder lands the role of the other point in the movie’s famous love triangle, Paige’s crazy new life gets even crazier.

In this coming-of-age romance inspired by the kind of celeb hookups that get clever nicknames and a million page views, Paige must figure out who she is – and who she wants – while the whole world watches
.

Disclaimer: I read this book with On The Same Page ARC Tours.

Review:
I was honestly a bit unsure about this book. I had had so many hopes for The Edge of Falling by Rebecca Serle, but it hadn't worked for me. I wanted to give the author another try, so I joined the ARC Tour for this book and boy am I glad that I did.

Normally I dislike the books that are all about the romance. I love books that are grittier in nature, ones that give me those feels. Yet as it turns out, I really needed a fluffy romance book this time around. I've been experiencing a bit of a slump lately, and it was really starting to drive me crazy. Once I started reading this, I couldn't stop. It was exactly what I needed. A fluffy book with a love triangle (I don't normally like love triangles but this one worked somehow)

Paige has been a normal teenager, until she gets plucked from obscurity to play August, the female lead in a blockbuster movie. I liked Paige a lot even though I couldn't really relate to her. She was dealing with a lot of sudden changes, and at first she seems to want to stay connected with Cassandra and Jake, her friends from back home, but then she seemed to let things shift, where it became more about the movie and becoming August, and less about still being herself.

I normally don't root for the "bad boy" but Jordan was awesome. He showed more of his personal side to Paige than Rainer ever did. He treated Paige like an equal, and that was something Rainer didn't do. He protected her and coddled her and acted like she was a poor helpless little girl just because she was brand new to the scene. Rainer used to be the type of guy I'd go after. The fiercely protective type, and in fact my ex fiance was very much like him.

The cliffhanger! It's gonna be a long wait to find out what happens next. I'm sure the drama is only beginning now that Paige picked her man (for now at least) Definitely read it if you're up for a fun read with drama and love triangles at the center of it all. I'm giving this book 4 stars and I cannot wait to see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment! I will do my best to reply to every comment that is left. This blog is an award free blog. I appreciate the thought, but I do not have the time to follow up.